Los Angeles, CA
Title: Student Internship - IT
Start Date: 6/1/2018
End Date: 8/30/2018
Internship type: Summer internship
Education requirements: Undergraduate Students
Compensation: Paid Internship
Mentorship information: Part of a team with multiple mentors
As an intern in Gensler's Los Angeles office, you will join our creative environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately JUNE 2018 and ending AUGUST 2018. You must be available for the entire 10-week duration of the program.
What You Will Do During This Internship
• You will have an exciting opportunity to work on projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small.
• In addition to hands-on learning, you will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lectures, project tours, vendor visits and a group project.
• You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your professional development and licensure efforts.
• You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design; NAAB and/or CIDA accredited program highly preferred
• You will have completed your third year of an undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program before the start of the internship
• You are returning to your program after the internship
• You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples)
• Experience using Revit required, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and/or BIM modeling software a plus
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• 3-D computer rendering skills (3DS Max, Vray and/or other modeling software)
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Hand sketching ability a plus
- Cover Letter
- Submit an online application on Gensler.com/Careers, including a resume, cover letter, and portfolio, including work samples (PDF 10 MB max in total). Submissions without a portfolio/work samples will not be considered.