Walt Disney Company
Title: WDI Master Planning Internship
Start Date: 6/1/2018
End Date: 9/28/2018
Internship type: Summer internship
Education requirements: Undergraduate Students
Compensation: Paid Internship
Mentorship information: To be determined
What we’re looking for…
A Master Planning Intern to work within the department that provides land and urban planning services that educate and inform our domestic business partners and global portfolio leaders. We craft the most creative, efficient, and strategic realization of the Company's land resource assets worldwide, supporting and advising the Company's continually evolving long term Menu and Master Plan process.
- Be responsible for providing creative, production and/or technical land and urban planning support to the Master Planning and/or project specific teams across WDI
- Provide design and analysis documentation in the form of graphic illustrations, imagery, boards, color renderings and research and documentation on assigned projects
- Assist department team members with HR, R&D, and budgetary issues, thus gaining the opportunity to “learn the ropes” regarding departmental management, Company procedures, consultant contracts, etc. and more fully contribute to the business of the Department
- Assist with site analysis, 3D visualization and property-wide master planning initiatives
- Act as a liaison/coordinator between a specific project or development team(s), and the Master Planning Studio on relevant, day to day, planning related design issues, etc.
- Work closely with the Designer and/or team leaders to coordinate and assist in executing site planning analysis, 3D visualization and master planning services
What you bring to the role…
- Ability to learn key project delivery methods while working on a variety of project types and scales
- Knowledge and proficiency in two or more of the following computer software applications is mandatory: Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), ArcGIS, AutoCAD
- Additional working knowledge of industry proven digital design tools, software/applications, i.e. 3D Studio Max, SketchUp or CAD/GIS extensions, (Civil 3D, 3D Analyst, Network Analyst) BIM is preferred
- Ability to graphically communicate and problem solve; via sketching, model building, digital design, etc.
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- Cover Letter
- Membership in relevant professional organization(s)
- Some job related experience of large scale community, resort and digital based design, in architectural, city planning or urban design practice desired