Title: Game Production Intern
Start Date: 6/1/2018
End Date: 8/17/2018
Internship type: Summer internship
Education requirements: Undergraduate Students
Compensation: Paid Internship
Mentorship information: To be determined
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is a leading worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. The WBIE Production Summer Intern will have the opportunity to learn about the way a game publisher operates and functions by working closely with Producers and other staff within the Production group.
WBIE is currently involved in a variety of projects, ranging from original IP to casual games and from core games to well-known franchises and produces games on all platforms (console, digital, mobile). All of this would provide for a well-rounded experience at an exciting game publishing studio making its mark on the industry.
- Research market competitiveness (e.g. feature set) and perform testing for upcoming titles.
- Participate in process meetings, marketing meetings, and gameplay focus group sessions as needed.
- Sift through documentation to find through-lines from various sources (outside reviewer reports, internal reports, usability, etc).
- Assist in setting up demos on a variety of different hardware.
- General playthroughs of all games, including write-ups on positives and negatives.
- Cover Letter
- Pursuit of a college degree in Computer Science, Game Development, Design or related major.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of the latest popular single and multiplayer titles preferred.
- Knowledge of videogame industry preferred.
- Passion for videogames.